We choose it, we use it, but hopefully never have to REUSE it … the ubiquitous toilet paper.
1.The first recorded use of toilet paper was in 6th Century China.
2. Packaged toilet paper wasn’t sold in the United States until 1857.
3. Joseph Gayetty, the man who introduced packaged TP to the U.S., had his name printed on every sheet.
4. It wasn’t until 1935 that a manufacturer was able to promise “Splinter-Free Toilet Paper.”
5. Seven percent of Americans admit to stealing rolls of toilet paper in hotels.6. Americans use an average of 8.6 sheets of toilet paper per trip to the bathroom.
6. Colored toilet paper was popular in the U.S. until the 1940s.
7. Beyoncé uses only red Renova toilet paper.
8. If you hang your toilet paper so you can pull it from the bottom, you’re considered more intelligent than someone who pulls it from the top.
9. When asked what necessity they would bring to a desert island, 49% of people said toilet paper before food.
Thanks to my pals at Buzzfeed for the inspiration and perspiration