In my opinion the whole idea of Labor Day is as little “labor” to execute the most fun! So of course that must include food and to be more specific, dessert — Here is something super easy for everyone to enjoy and keep you out of the kitchen and into the fun!
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 12 squares)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, walnuts, sugar and cinnamon. Stir in butter; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Beat in ricotta cheese and lemon juice.
- Place 1/2 cup blueberries each in four dessert dishes. Top with cream cheese mixture, crumbs and remaining blueberries. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
1/2 cup: 430 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.